Physics of the Future: How Science Will Shape Human Destiny and Our Daily Lives by the Year 2100 - Michio Kaku

this book is interesting, but at times he drives me bonkers with his assumptions.

overall there is this optimism that at times borders on arrogance, and completely ignores some rather significant factors.  like intellectual property law and commercialization, and exactly how much they can impede or encourage technological breakthroughs.  and he keeps bringing up the cave-man principal, and then in a lot of cases fails to really consider how it will additionally impede certain technology innovations (i mean, he loves talking about the day when we'll have an internet connection to our contacts, but its only near the end of the book that he starts talking about privacy issues).

also, his dismissal of the issues of a 'digital divide' has me seeing red.

Despite the importance of this shift, however, it is far from complete. The digital divide remains significant. By the end of 2015, only 7% of households in the least developed countries and 34% of households in developing countries will have Internet access, compared to 80% in developed countries. See Int’l Telecomm. Union, ICT Facts & Figures (2015), http://www.itu.int/en/ITU-D/Statistics/Documents/facts/ ICTFactsFigures2015.pdf.

I work with people who are caught in the digital divide, it's not something to simply be dismissed.