bingo update
bingo update

Beach, sand, or sun on the cover: This One Summer / Jillian Tamaki & Mariko Tamaki

(I'm calling two girls jumping into a lake close enough to "beach")

New to you author: American Housewife: Stories / Helen Ellis

First book of a new series: Rock Me Two Times / Dawn Ryder

Adapted for the big screen: The Monuments Men: Allied Heroes, Nazi Thieves, and the Greatest Treasure Hunt in History / Robert M. Edsel

A blast from the past: Historical Fiction: How the Duke Was Won / Lenora Bell

Graphic novel or comic book: The Sculptor / Scott McCloud

Published June, July, or August 2016: The Nightmare Stacks (A Laundry Files Novel) / Charles Stross

Comfort Read: The Princess Bride / William Goldman

A book that's been on your shelf for more than a year: Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore / Robin Sloan

Romance:Test Drive / Marie Harte

A book by a dead author: The Fellowship of the Ring / J.R.R. Tolkien (ok, been reading this one for awhile, but with the format of the project, I think it counts)

A hard book: Wild / Cheryl Strayed (emotionally this was a very challenging book for me)

Travel: planes, trains, or road trips: No Simple Highway: A Cultural History of the Grateful Dead / Peter Richardson

Mystery or Suspense: Hex / Thomas Olde Heuvelt

A book bust or bummer: Star Wars: Aftermath / Chuck Wendig

More than 400 pages long: The Aeronaut's Windlass / Jim Butcher

YA or Children: Nothing Can Possibly Go Wrong / Faith Erin Hicks & Prudence Shen

Space opera or other sci fi: The Nightmare Stacks / Charles Stross

Fantasy: From a High Tower (Elemental Masters) / Mercedes Lackey

I probably will not complete "read in a boat, tent, or cabin," "favorite re-read," or "read on vacation" simply because time isn't going to facilitate me having a vacation where reading is a thing nor really the time to re-read anything in the near future (actually, I should have put Princess Bride as a re-read).  "Summer word in title" is possible, I have the ARC of Summerlong by Peter S. Beagle and there's always a chance a book I read will have a horrible cover.