I moved my original Pumpkin pick to Set on Halloween, because it worked there super well, and slotted in a new Pumpkin read - and filling in a Set on Halloween gets me another bingo.

I also, due to the sheer torment of reading it, am using City of Bones by Cassandra Clare as my Young Adult Horror.  It's Young Adult and it horrifies me.  I understand Cassie is actually a really sweet woman.  But dear lord, this book.  It's like "you know what isn't angsty enough?  Twilight!  Also, a single love triangle isn't enough.  Let's add another handful and some possible incest in to boot!"

That gets me my third bingo.

(I also managed to now hit all four corners and the middle if that counts as well)

And as a one off I slotted in Summerlong by Peter S. Beagle as Magical Realism.  It doesn't sweep me along like most of his prose, but is still a lovely book.

Read by Candlelight or flashlight: Insatiable / Meg Cabot

Phone is close enough, right?  Also eff this book.

Magical Realism: Summerlong / Peter S. Beagle

Beautifully written, but didn't sweep me along like most of his fiction does.

Witches: Witches Abroad / Terry Pratchett
Pratchett had a gift for turning his anger into hilarious satire.

Genre: Horror:

Black Cat: Gone with the Witch / Annette Blair

Marshmallowy and utterly predictable romance, with a stunning array of ridiculous and creative sexual metaphors.

Diverse Authors Can Be Spooky Fun!: Women Destroy Science Fiction / Lightspeed Magazine

Truly excellent collection of stories, and it fits both diverse authors and spooky.  N.K. Jemisin's story in particular hits some particular notes of body horror in my mind.  Not every story was a win for me, but fantastic work overall.

Ghost Stories and Haunted Houses: The Crow: Volume One: Pain & Fear / James O'Barr

I re-read this series probably close to once a year.  In its own way it's beautiful.  Also a potential fill for Dark & stormy night.

Young Adult Horror:  City of Bones / Cassandra Clare

This book is Young Adult and reading it was a horrifying experience.  I understand Cassie is actually a really sweet woman.  But dear lord, this book.  It's like "you know what isn't angsty enough?  Twilight!  Also, a single love triangle isn't enough.  Let's add another handful and some possible incest in to boot!"  If people object to this choice I'm reading probably two actually YA Horror novels in a week or two.

Scary Women (Authors): The Dangers of Dating a Rebound Vampire / Molly Harper

You know what's scary about this book?  Gigi getting "nice guy'ed."  It's fucked up and way too relate-able (even if it's an extreme situation).  Her vampire family is rather over the top protective of her... but then they're all nearly indestructible immortals and she's an attractive snack working in a vampire office building.  So there's that.  Significant time gap between this and the previous book in the series (and even more since this and the book before where we actually meet Gigi), and references events in a short story that I've never read.

Read with (BookLikes) Friends: The Yellow Wallpaper / Charlotte Perkins Gilman

Short story, glad I finally read it, glad I shared the read.  In a few thousand words we have everything you ever need to know to understand gaslighting and the feminine mystique.

Grave or Graveyard: The Crow: Volume Three: Death / James O'Barr

Volume Three we see Eric in the graveyard, finally going to join Shelley in death.

Genre: Mystery:

Free Space (with a crow icon...): The Crow: Volume Two: Irony & Despair / James O'Barr

Um... how could I not put one of the three volumes in that free space, it sort of needed to be even though this could go elsewhere.

Gothic:

Creepy Crawlies: Call of C'thulhu Keeper's Guide, 7e / Chaosium Games

So happy to finally have this in hand, I've been running A Time to Harvest as part of Chaosium's organized play program for a few months with just the quick-start rules.  High quality and production value, gorgeous art and layout, very good clarity in conveying rules and good support for flexibility in rules to Keeper taste.

"Fall" into a good book: A Local Habitation (October Daye #2) / Seanan McGuire

I could not resist the pun of slotting this book here.  I'm happy to finally be getting to this series (I've read the first and most recent books), and I can't deny the amount I've been pulling on McGuire's work as inspiration in the various LARP projects I'm involved in.  Great read, starting #3 soon.

Locked Room Mystery:

It was a dark and stormy night:

Set in New England:

Full Moon: The Brotherhood of the Wheel / R.S. Belcher

"Full Moon" for the cover art, but there's really no concern with the actual phase of the moon in the story.  Dark fantasy that might slip into horror, a whole lot of world building delivered in a tight package, and heavy action.  I definitely dug the road aspect, and the cadence sucked me in right off the bat.  The combat is a bit unrealistic at points, but there's also a supernatural element for quite a bit of it.  This would make for a fantastic action film, and it's wrapped up in a way that leaves room for a sequel.

Vampires vs. Werewolves: Care and Feeding of Stray Vampires / Molly Harper

Has werewolves and vampires, but they affectionately snark each other rather than than have some sort of long standing feud.

Supernatural: A Witch's Handbook of Kisses and Curses / Molly Harper

Not Harper's best, but snarky, cute fun.

Classic horror:

Pumpkin: The Single Undead Mom's Club / Molly Harper

A big school pumpkin/Halloween festival is a large part of the story, so I shuffled this one in.  Probably my favorite of the non-Nice Girl Halfmoon Hollow books.

Set on Halloween:

The Cottage on Pumpkin and Vine / Kate Angell, Jennifer Dawson, Sharla Lovelace

Sweet and enjoyable contemporary romance.  Three authors writing stories that revolve around a single location.  Originally for "Pumpkin" but shuffled to fit a different book in later.