Tangled in Sin: A Bound and Determined Novel - Lavinia Kent

A generally informal review... in theory I'll put together a cleaner one to send to netgalley and  post on my main blog.  But something for now.

Not necessarily out of any particular inclination or fetishism on my part, but I've been really getting tired of the guy ALWAYS being the dominant one.  And we get in book where we meet this strong minded, strong willed female lead... who turns out to be the subbiest of subs.  Not that you don't see that behavior in both men and women, but let's mix it up, no?

James has the whole alpha male/I know what's right for the wimmin thing going on... which is pretty much how they got into this whole situation (and why Cynthia, 'Sin', is pissed off at him).  And he just does not get it when it's spelled out to him pretty plainly.  Well, that detail may be a bit historically accurate, but considering how little actually historical details matter in this book besides scenery, it's slightly less necessary.

Sin... well both her and Jasmine had some pretty damn good moments.  Jasmine really doesn't put up with shit from her brother.  Sin is the innocent ingenue here, but she's not stupid.  I actually had trouble not freaking out at one scene where she's on her way to an assignation, and is literally trying to figure out how to make her escape b/c she's learned that James is the reason for the abduction and if he finds out she knows he'll probably not let her leave until they have to get married.  Like, her thought process just hit me in the gut.  But she's smart, she gets what she wants and she makes him see what the hell she's talking about.

Two bits I liked:

"You are missing the point entirely and this is why I would  not marry you if I felt I had any choice.  You decided what I want or what I should want and then I am expected to agree with you.  How would you feel if I did that?  If I made the decisions about what you should want?  If I took control?"

and

"I will give you some credit for what I can see is a great compromise on your part.  I just wish you could understand mine.  You think you have the right to decide what choices I can make by myself and which I need help with.  You cannot trust that I can decide when I need help?"

"When I am your husband it will be my right and indeed my responsibility to make those decisions."

"Do you hear yourself?  And you wonder that I am not sure if I wish to wed you.  Hell, I am not sure I wish to wed at all."

His brow furrowed, the lines between his eyes growing deep.  "I truly don't wish to argue with you, Sin."

"But you refuse to see my point."

"I am trying.  I don't understand what has you so upset.  Men make certain decisions.  It has always been this way."

"That doesn't mean it always should be."

Also, the stick up his ass creep who's been hanging around Madame Rouge's (now Blanche's)?  He ended up worse for wear after encountering him.  *applauds*