The Deep End - Kristen Ashley

Reading this, I can see where people are coming from when they like this book.  After all, it was featured in Library Journal, and they do affirmative reviews.

But for those not reading my running commentary as I read it, this book is heavily flawed.  It's better than 50 Shades of Grey, but that doesn't take much.  The relationship has some serious issues, but it's more bone-headed stupidity rather than abuse.  The writing style is... inconsistent.  Reading the author's FAQ it sounds like the weird and seriously confusing sentences that result are actually a direct result of a deliberate writing style.  There are just sentences throughout that are nearly incomprehensible due to sloppy writing.  I'm also get the incredibly strong impression from both the writing and the author's website that she really has no idea what she's talking about.

I can see where readers are excited about these books.  But.. yeah... not so much for me.

It had it's up points, and a lot of down points.  I see how the plot element that resulted in a physical assault connects... but it really is way the fuck out of left field and doesn't really fit in.  I'm also vaguely amused that the owner of the club seems to be the BDSM equivalent of a mob don or some shit.  I really don't feel like listing out all my issues with the book right now, I've already ranted about them and this is a rather informal review..

In it's favor, it is one of the few femdom erotic romance novels I've come across, even with all it's flaws.  However, with all it's flaws I don't really think it's worth it.

I doubt I'll be reading anything else in the series or by this author.